MIND my standpoint: EGO SUM QUI SUM
First Chapter of Speculum mentis I: Self & MIND
I. EGO SUM QUI SUM:
Self, Identıty, SElf-awareness & Mind
What is Mind? Mind(soul) and body problem.
Mind and Consciousness: ego sum ego existo: knowledge begins with consciousness, comprehended by the mind and expressed by a language
1. Self identity: Who am I?, What Am I?
2. Mind and consciousness (awareness): know thyself! last frontier of the human quest is mind: why it is important? the implications of selfhood: (Cognosce te ipsum, gnothi sauton, men arefe nefsehu)
3. Mind and its fictions and dreams : dreams, lucid dreams
a. kinds of dreams (rem, lucid hypnotic etc)
b. dreams of imagination and reality: art as a free and fictive dream of virtual reality by imagination creatrix
c. constructive but constrained dreams,: time, causality and space, history, synchronical reality as present and futuristic dreams
d. korzybski’s concept of time-binding
4. mind and comprehension :apriori, aposteriori; empiricism rationalism scepticism
II. Mind and its knowledge:
1. works and tools of the mind: sensation, perception, conception, qualia (feelings), intuition, imagination creatrix, intellect
2. acts of the mind and its perspectives: it dreams, creates, believes, knows (scire), contemplates, memorizes (the history of past experience) tries to find a meaning in his personal history and also, in history in toto, and tries to find the meaning of life and existence, aspirations of the soul, self articulation and realization of selfhood
III. How mind acquires knowledge? and what is true knowledge?
A- Res cogitans :
1. Mind’s Limitations of consciousness :limited consciousness because of limited sensations: limits of sensory organs organs
sensation, perception, intuition, conception, imagination, self awareness. A priori,a posteriori
2 Mind’s limitations of of expression tools : art and language; semantics, logics, mathematics
a. Mind’s linguistic limitations of comprehension because of the usage of everyday language and the logic of ordinary languages
b. semantics, abstraction levels, what is the meaning of truth? Truth:
c. Mind’s Logical limitations of reasoning: different kinds of logic.
d. Mind’s Mathematical limitations of reasoning for the conceptions of reality
Formal, realist and intuitive mathematics, Infinity and set theory, CH continuum Hypothesis ,What is space and space-time continuum? Geometry: space and its dimensions, Geometries with 2, 3, 4 ,6N 10, 11, 26 and “ n “ infinite dimensions, Euclid, Riemann, Lobachevsky, Hilbert 6N faz spin, chaotic, string (String theory needs 11 or 26 dimensions)
B- Res extensa:
Comprehensive limitations of Mind: empiricism, rationalism, scepticism
knowledge about external phenomenon:
perception and conception: individuum (est ineffable) Universal
facts, undividable individual event and events, Principle of individuation,) processes: substance-existence and events of space-time
substance-existence and events of space-time
external objects, name, concept: particular, universal individualism and holism
time, space, space time, substance (essence, mode, attribute), change, causality (necessary and Sufficient reason), determinism, consistency
IV. Instincts, intuition and illumination by mystical experience
critical evaluation and jurisdictive judgements:
Sceptical argumentation about mind and knowledge
Look at this tab: link for Consciousness Studies.
And for some of the Resources: LINK.